Daniel Maitland – Principal
Mr. Maitland has over twenty-eight(28) years experience in the Water Feature design, engineering and construction industry. His experience not only associated with system engineering/design but first “hands on” construction and installation of the mechanical and electrical workings of the water feature construction, including the operation and required maintenance of these systems. Mr. Maitland has been commissioned by many Owners and Developers including other engineering firms, for system troubleshooting, commissioning, start-up and mock-up services. This not only includes projects completed in the US but worldwide through Asia, Europe and South America.
Relevant Project Experience
1980s to 1990s
- THE MIRAGE RESORT – Las Vegas, NV, LAKES AT SOUTH COAST – Costa Mesa, CA, MORENO VALLEY RANCH – Moreno Valley, CA, CINCO RANCH LAKE & SWIM LAGOON – Huston, TX, FORT WILDERNESS LODGE – Orlando, FL, ISLANDS AT MAUNA LANI – Kohala Coast, HI, MGM GRAND – Las Vegas, NV , ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE – Orlando, FL
- CITY PLACE – West Palm Beach, FL, THE BORGATA – Atlantic City, NJ, LOUISIANA RIVERWALK – Shreveport, LA, CEASARS PALACE – Atlantic City, NJ, LEGOLAND – Carlsbad, CA , MARGARITAVILLE- Las Vegas, NV, ATLANTIS CASINO – Reno, NV, CACHE CREEK CASINO RESORT – Sacramento, CA, PALA CASINO RESORT – Pala, CA, RED ROCK CASINO RESORT – Las Vegas, NV, THE WYNN (LA REVE) – Las Vegas, NV, WESTGATE CITY CENTER – Glendale, AZ
- PALAZZO (Venetian Expansion) – Las Vegas, NV, PALA EXPANSION – San Diego, CA, CHILDREN’S HEALING GARDEN – Austin, TX, THE SHOPPES AT CHINO HILLS, Chino Hills, CA, VERANDA FALLS – Port St. Lucie, FL, OPRYLAND HOTEL RENOVATION – Nashville, TN, PALA CUPENO HOT SPRINGS RESORT – Warner Springs, CA, UCSD CARDIALVASCULA HOSPITAL – La Jolla, CA
Dennis Thomas, P.E. – Vice President
Mr. Thomas has over seventeen(17) years experience in Water Feature design and engineering. His education and background in mechanical engineering and fluid mechanics have given him a solid understanding of pumping systems, piping design, water quality and hydraulic analysis. He has extensive experience with the design of aesthetic fountains, man-made lakes, swimming pools and spas, with a strong emphasis on code compliance with local Health Departments. Mr. Thomas has complete Project Management responsibilities in markets which include residential developments, parks, shopping centers, golf courses, resort and amusement park developments. His involvement ranges from initial conception and continues through design, agency approval, construction and start-up.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering – California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, California Associate of Arts, Liberal Studies
Certificate of Proficiency in Metallurgy – Mount San Antonio College, Walnut, California
Relevant Project Experience
- LUXOR HOTEL and CASINO – Las Vegas, NV, RIO HOTEL and CASINO – Las Vegas, NV, TREASURE ISLAND, BUCCANEER BAY – Las Vegas, NV, LOST CONTINENT– Orlando, FL, LEOPLACE RESORT – Guam, HYATT REGENCY WAIKOLOA – Waikoloa, HI, EDISON FIELD (ANGEL STADIUM) – Anaheim, CA, SUMMERTON CONDOMINIUMS – San Jose, CA, HOLLENBECK LAKE PARK – Los Angeles, CA
- MIRAGE CITY – Cairo, Egypt, ARRABELLA RESORT – New Cairo, Egypt, THE BORGATA – Atlantic City, NJ, LA REVE (WYNN’S RESORT) – Las Vegas, NV, DISNEY IMAGINEERING HYDRAULIC TEST FACILITY, Glendale, CA, LONG BEACH TOWN CENTER – Long Beach, CA, ONTARIO VIEW CORRIDOR – Ontario, CA, CHINO TRANSIT CENTER – Chino, CA, LANDMARK GOLF COURSE at OAK QUARRY – Riverside, CA, COYOTE CREEK – San Jose, CA
- BEAU RIVAGE – Biloxi, MS, IMPERIAL PALACE – Biloxi, MS, CLAREMONT TOWN CENTER – Claremont, CA, PALA CUPENO HOT SPRINGS RESORT – Warner Springs, CA